CORONAVIRUS EMERGENCY – UPDATE FROM AQUACUT GROUP
25TH March 2020
We wish to advise all our loyal clients that we remain open for business and have good levels of stocks available for same day despatch.
While a number of businesses have chosen to close, we know many of our clients remain working and intend to continue to do so for as long as it is sensible and legal.
Aquacut Group, as customer champion for the tiling and landscape sectors, is determined to continue to do our bit to serve those sectors to the best of our ability. But, the wellbeing of our colleagues is of high importance. Around half our staff are being paid to remain at home while those working in our factories and warehouse are practicing strict hygiene and self-distancing rules.
Our policy remains under review and will change as necessary to comply with sensible business practice and in accordance with regulation.
SO WHAT DOES ‘OPEN FOR BUSINESS’ ACTUALLY MEAN?
HOW TO ORDER GOODS
To avoid risk of contamination, we are not open for visitors, so customers may only order goods;
- By email; email@example.com
- By telephone; 01565 344860 or
- Through this website; tilerstools.co.uk
PAYING FOR GOODS
- Email and telephone orders. An invoice will be raised to enable the client to pay for the goods ONLINE before despatch, unless a credit account has already been opened (we are suspending opening new credit accounts for the time being).
- Web orders will be paid for online as normal
HOW WILL YOU RECEIVE THE GOODS
- Email and telephone and orders. You may select to;
- have the goods sent to you via our usual parcel company, DPD or for pallet orders through our pallet haulage company. Our usual carriage charges continue to apply.
- Collect the goods from our Appleton premises. PLEASE NOTE HOWEVER that this is by arrangement ONLY and our staff have been instructed that the hand-over of goods must not involve human contact, for example the goods will be left at the appointed time in our unmanned vestibule at the front of our building or for larger loads at the rear near the outside – in any event clear arrangements will be agreed with those collecting goods.
- Web orders will be despatched as usual via DPD through whom we offer a next business day delivery service for most parts of Great Britain.
WHAT ABOUT THE FUTURE?
We all hope this pandemic will run out of steam in the next few months and all of my colleagues are determined to try and maintain a safe and reasonable service to our many clients who rely on us.
We know a number of businesses have temporarily closed down, including some of our suppliers in the UK and elsewhere. We are currently very well stocked but this may lead to some stock shortages and we ask our clients to remain understanding. We will of course endeavour to suggest suitable alternatives we may be able to offer in the event of stock-outs.
We are also close to launching an emergency initiative to hire out large pieces of equipment we would otherwise be in danger of running out of stock of. This is designed to keep our clients working should they choose to do so. Full details are available by telephoning us on 01565 344860.
IN CASE YOU GET BORED WORKING FROM HOME
We hear that some of our clients working from home are getting bored. May we suggest you may wish to entertain yourself for a while by surfing our websites;
- aquacut.co.uk which explores the Aquacut world of fabricating building finishes
- tilerstools.co.uk which takes you into the realm of high quality tools, equipment and consumables for professional tilers and landscapers
- tttrims.co.uk which showcases great looking trims, profiles, wet-room systems and swimming pool grills
Happy surfing and keep safe. We look forward to meeting up on the other side of the pandemic.
Aquacut Limited/Tilers Tools