Tilers Tools is an eCommerce web store for tiling and landscaping equipment from quality brands such as Raimondi SpA, Kaufmann, IMEX, Fila, Kerakoll, Profilitec, and Jackoboard, and is part of the Aquacut Group.
Here are some answers to some frequently asked questions about our delivery process.
Where are you based, and can I drop by and visit
– We are based in Appleton within Warrington, in the North West UK; you’re very welcome to visit! Many of our high quality machines and equipment are available for you to see or perhaps even get hands-on with. Click to find out the address!
Can I get free delivery?
– When spending over £120 before VAT on our online store, delivery becomes free, exempting certain products. We’re able to ship goods to all parts of the UK for next working day delivery for £12. Some areas, such as northern Scotland or Northern Ireland may take an additional day for goods to arrive.
If I place my order now, when will I receive it?
– We use DPD Local as our courier service for parcels and packages, and our outbound deliveries are collected from our warehouse in Appleton at around 15:00 each day. Therefore, we advise our customers that any orders requiring next day delivery should be placed before 14:00. Whilst we can still take and process orders after this time, this window gives us sufficient time to collect and prepare your own and other customers’ orders for delivery. It is possible that we can prepare orders for next-day delivery after 14:00, but we advise ordering before this time as a generous allowance.
What time will my delivery arrive?
– As a rough estimate, between 10:00 to 16:00, depending on your area. DPD drivers deliver their parcels in an area along a designated route designed to minimize the distance between one address and the next and maximize efficiency. We can provide your email to DPD who will send you an email providing an hour-long window in which they expect to deliver your parcel (e.g your delivery will arrive between 11:37 and 12:37), what number in the “queue” of deliveries you are, as well as tracking information for the delivery vehicle.
Saturday / Sunday and AM (by 10:30) delivery options are also available from us, though not through the online store. If your delivery is delayed or does not arrive, DPD may have encountered a parcel exception, or there might be some other issue; if you require these services or help, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by email to email@example.com, or call us on 01565 344 860, and we will do our best to sort you out!
Why can I only buy some items one at a time?
– Some products are restricted in quantity due to their size and weight becoming problematic when purchased in multiples, requiring additional procedures and costs to be considered. There are many such items like this, and we encourage anyone buying such items in larger quantities to get in touch with us on 01565 344 860 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why do some items cost £50 to ship?
– Some large, heavy or otherwise fragile items may require a pallet incur a delivery charge of £50 to cover the costs of transport via Edge / Palletline. These include things like our wet saws or transformers for the wet saws, or other heavy machinery. Whilst some items are technically within the height and weight criteria for transport via DPD, we prefer to ship some items via pallets as it is a safer way of transporting them, without risking them being roughly handled and limiting the risk of damage in transit.
Will my order still arrive tomorrow if it costs £50?
– Any orders going out on a pallet, such as our wet saws or large quantities of grout or adhesive must be purchased before 12:00 mid-day, as this is our pallet courier’s cut-off point for consignments to qualify for next-day delivery. For outgoing pallets purchased after this time, they are booked for collection from us the following day, for delivery the day after.
What if I want to collect my order?
– By default, our online store has a carriage charge, exempting orders over £120 before VAT. If you want to collect your order though, we encourage you to get in touch with us on 01565 344 860 or email email@example.com and place your order with us directly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to get in touch with us.
Call 01565 344 860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
– Tilers Tools Team